Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stuff and Things

Just a quick blog to clarify :)

I have a myspace blog which I update pretty frequently, as well as a blog I had for a trip I took over the summer. I started this one because, for one thing, not everyone has myspace, and the summer trip is over.

Another reason is that I feel like I am entering into a very transitory, important, and sometimes confusing time in my life as I near the end of my degree (graduating in Spring 2010). When I feel that I have undergone significant personal change and am starting new chapters in my life I like to make a new blog. Simple as that :)


The reason I named this blog the way I did was described in my first post. There's nothing magical about the words "more than the journey" but the more I think about them the more I find they apply to how I want to live my life:

Life is more than the journey from birth to death.

Serving God is more than the journey of finding what job or path to take.

An adventure is more than the journey one has already traversed.

A memory is more than the journey of time from then until now.


Basically, it's a fancy pants way of saying that I want to live a life of love in every moment. In reality, loving God and being loved by Him really is the Journey. If we're always looking behind us or in front of us, we might miss a lot of what He wants to do IN us right now.

I generally write about stuff and things, mainly thoughts like the ones I have been writing, sometimes random things, or stories about what sorts of mayhem I cause :D (just kidding, but not really).

Thanks for reading!

No comments: