Sunday, November 2, 2008

More than the Journey

During a time I felt anxious to know and plan my future, when I didn't know what path to pursue, when I wanted to experience life at its fullest in the present, I wound up writing these words to God: "I want to love You more than the journey."

More than the journey. To concentrate on Him more than good times, hard times, happy times, sad times. To enjoy the relationship with Him more than success, to fear distance from Him more than failure.

I am still at a place of uncertainty of what to do with my future. I have loved the journey so far. I would like to see excitement, adventure and passion in the road ahead, yet there may also be frustration, temptation, and pain. The journey is not clear until it unfolds with every step. Circumstances and feelings change and fluctuate - sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

There is One who never changes. That is the One I want to love more than the journey, because He first loved me . . . more than life itself.

No comments: